BlackBerry is a line of mobile email and smartphone devices. These instructions are for setting up email on your BlackBerry to connect to our servers via IMAP.
Entering your mail settings
- From your BlackBerry home screen, select the BlackBerry Set-up icon, then choose Personal Email Set-up. (On older devices, just look for the Personal Email Set-up icon.)
- Select Personal Email Set-up.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- On the Email Account Set-up page, enter your full email address (email@example.com) but leave the Password: field BLANK. Select Next.
- You'll see a screen that says 'We were unable to configure [firstname.lastname@example.org].' Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
- Select Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP), then Next.
- Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
- You'll see 'The BlackBerry Internet Service could not configure [email@example.com] email account.' Select Provide The Settings to continue.
- In the 'User name:' field, enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Then enter your password in the 'Password:' field.
- In the 'Email server:' field, enter mail.yourdomain.co.nz then select Next. Remember to replace yourdomain.co.nz with your actual domain name.
- If IMAP access was successfully configured, select OK.
- Below your newly added email address, select Edit.
- Select Advanced Settings at the bottom.
- Make sure the port is set to '993' and 'Use SSL' is set to 'Yes.'
- Select Save.
There should now be a new mailbox icon on your BlackBerry home screen labeled with your Create Hosting email address. Once you see this icon, follow these steps to ensure proper configuration:
- Open the mailbox icon.
- Open the menu by pressing the jog wheel or BlackBerry menu button, then select Options.
- Select Email Reconciliation.
- Confirm the following settings:
* Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld
* Wireless Reconcile: On
* On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins
- Select Save.