These instructions are for configuring iPhone / iPad / iPod Mail as your main email program for your web hosting mail account, or as an additional device. iPhone / iPad / iPod Mail is one of many email programs you can choose to access and manage your email on your local computer instead of through a web browser. Make sure that you have your Create Hosting email accounts settings information at hand before you start.
1. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Then tap add account
2. From the list of account types (iCloud, Exchange, Gmail) tap other.
3. From the Add Account/Other screen, tap Add Mail Account. The New Account screen appears.
4. Enter a Name. This is the name that people will see when they receive an email from you.
5. Enter the full email address for the account you want to configure in the Address field.
6. Enter the password (as supplied in your Account Settings email)in the Password field.
7. Select Next.
8. Select POP (POP3) or IMAP as the incoming email server type. If you want your email downloaded to your device so you can view them when your device is offline select POP, otherwise select IMAP (recommended).
9. Fill in the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Servers Host Name based on the information in your Account Settings email.
10. Fill in your email User Name for both the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server. Your User Name is your full email address.
11. Select Next (if IMAP was selected) or Save (if POP was selected).
12. If system showing message as Cannot Verify Server Indentity, select Continue. You will need to do this twice, as the application will try to verify the Incoming and Outgoing connection settings.
Your mobile device is now configured to send and receive your domain email.
Optional Delivery Settings (POP3 only)
To access the optional delivery settings:
1. From the home screen, select the Settings icon. The Settings screen appears.
2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars. The Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen appears.
3. Select your account under Accounts. Your account information screen will appear.
4. Select Advanced. The Advanced screen appears.
5. Select Delete from server. The Delete from server screen appears.
The option When removed from Inbox will delete messages from the server when you delete messages in your inbox.
The option Seven days will delete messages from the server that are 7 days old, but you will still have a copy on your device.
- IMAP email access coordinates between the server and your email application. Messages that are read/deleted/replied to will show up as this, both on the server and in your email application.
- IMAP is recommended if you have your email account set up on multiple devices.
- POP3 does not co-ordinate with the server. Messages are downloaded from the server onto your device. Messages that are read/deleted/replied to in the mail application will not show up as this on the server.
- Outgoing mail is sent as SMTP