This document explains how to enable SMTP AUTH on the iPhone 4
Enabling SMTP Authentication
- Tap on Settings from the main screen
- Tap the Mail, Contacts, Calendar button
- Tap on YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Scroll down to the Outgoing Mail Server and tap on the SMTP server to edit (e.g. smtp.example.co.nz
- Click on the SMTP server in Primary Server (e.g. smtp.example.co.nz).
- Ensure that the User Name is entered (should be your email address), the Password is set, Authentication is set to "Password" and the Server Port is set to "587".
- Click Done when you have confirmed / finished making changes